2014 was an especially busy year, full of new endeavors and old friends. During the past 12 months, I started two new jobs; watched the complete Gilmore Girls series; became the editor-in-chief of a literary magazine; taught myself how to crochet; traveled to Seattle, San Francisco, Portland, and Virginia; read possibly my favorite book ever, Carmelo; and began the process of selling my knitting. Here are some of my favorite moments from 2014.
1. When I made this vegetarian sweet potato chili.
2. When I knitted two hearts for Valentine’s Day. (One is anatomical and one symbolic; both are soft and fiber-y.)
3. When Domenico went to Payson and found the lake snow dusted. We ate chili there too!
4. When Domenico, Emily, Tommy, and I spent the day in Phoenix at the Book Swap and Phoenix Flea Market.
5. When I made bacon jam and grits crackers shaped like the state of Virginia for my visiting relatives.
6. When Domenico and I drove up the California coast, visiting flower fields, touring old castles and prisons, eating amazing food, and trying to figure out the San Francisco bus system.
7. When I got to celebrate my wonderful dad on Father’s Day.
8. When I got to show Kaylie and Ted all my favorite things in downtown Phoenix, like The Phoenix Public Market, Short Leash, the Melrose District, Lux, and Welcome Diner.
9. When I spent a week with my BFFs Kaylie and Rylee in Portland. We made crafts on Kaylie’s floor, ate ridiculous ice cream, saw so much beautiful green, and made plans for our future together.
10. When I traveled back to Virginia for a cousin’s wedding and spent the weekend exploring an old plantation and introducing Domenico to my sweet family.
11. When I turned 22 and made a list of little and lofty goals.
12. When Domenico and I got festive at a pumpkin patch.
13. When we celebrated our eighth anniversary by dressing up, eating a fancy dinner, and visiting Zoo Lights.
14. When I decorated the house for Christmas and documented all the silly/adorable decorations we’ve collected.
Here’s to an even more memorable 2015!